Your Career at KDR Designer Showrooms
Representing luxury brands in St. Louis and Kansas City for more than 25 years, KDR is built upon a foundation of like-minded individuals who share a passion for design, an appreciation for luxury furnishings and the ability to provide unparalleled customer service. We’re always in search of new talent and welcome you to drop us a line—let us know why you want to become a member of the KDR team.
Outside Sales Representative
KDR Kansas City is seeking a sales associate for outside sales, working in collaboration with our Kansas City showroom, calling on the interior design and architectural community with prominent high-end brands of fabrics, wallcoverings, and window covering products. The territory will consist of Kansas City metro and the states of Kansas and Nebraska. Approximately 6-8 nights of overnight travel every 3 months is required.
· Customer-focused and project-driven strategy to educate customers on the products that will best fit their projects.
· Maintain expert-level knowledge on the products and their application.
· Stay abreast of current fashion trends.
· Attend vendor sales meetings and related industry events.
Required skills, abilities, and education:
· Must be comfortable in enthusiastically presenting products.
· Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Must have a friendly and outgoing personal demeanor.
· Must have a well-groomed professional appearance.
· Must be a highly motivated self-starter.
· Requires exceptional organizational and time management skills.
· Degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture, Textiles or related is preferred.
KDR Designer Showrooms is a privately owned 30-year-old company recognized as the leading supplier of high-end textiles and home furnishings products throughout the Midwest with showrooms in St. Louis and Kansas City.
The position offers a base salary, commission, car allowance, and complete benefits package.
Submit your resume to Kara Wagoner, KDR Sales Manager, email@example.com.
Students looking for real-world experience and who possess an interest in design, be it interior or fashion, are encouraged to apply to the KDR internship program where you will be exposed to the inner-workings of a design showroom as well as the latest trends and technology in the interiors industry.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume here.
KDR Designer Showrooms provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.